Zea Mays Publishing

Click here to edit subtitle

This is a small sampling of the hundreds of historic images found in Five-Mile Spur Line.

  • Sycamore's Historic Train Depot (c. 1890), built by the Sycamore, Cortland & Chicago Railroad in 1880.
    Sycamore's Historic Train Depot (c. 1890), built by the Sycamore, Cortland & Chicago Railroad in 1880.
  • The Sycamore & Cortland Railroad's first engine (c.1865).
    The Sycamore & Cortland Railroad's first engine (c.1865).
  • The Sycamore & Cortland's second engine (1875).
    The Sycamore & Cortland's second engine (1875).
  • The engine house, built in 1875 (pictured here c.1920), was attached to the north end of the Marsh Harvester Factory, south of the depot.
    The engine house, built in 1875 (pictured here c.1920), was attached to the north end of the Marsh Harvester Factory, south of the depot.
  • This 1894 map shows the depot and the "mile of industry" to its south.
    This 1894 map shows the depot and the "mile of industry" to its south.
  • A large crowd outside the depot bids farewell to departing WWI soldiers.
    A large crowd outside the depot bids farewell to departing WWI soldiers.
  • A freight billing form (1882).
    A freight billing form (1882).
  • A free pass signed by the railroad's general manager, Chauncey Ellwood (1883).
    A free pass signed by the railroad's general manager, Chauncey Ellwood (1883).
  • A lock featuring the logo for the Sycamore & Cortland Railroad.
    A lock featuring the logo for the Sycamore & Cortland Railroad.
Sycamore's Historic Train Depot (c. 1890), built by the Sycamore, Cortland & Chicago Railroad in 1880.
Sycamore's Historic Train Depot (c. 1890), built by the Sycamore, Cortland & Chicago Railroad in 1880.